top of page

Calculate Your Weighted Dual Enrollment GPA

Use the Dual Enrollment GPA Calculator to determine
how Dual Enrollment classes will affect
your high school GPA.

Enter Your Courses & Course Grades:

Weighted GPA:


Additional Tools 

Frequently Asked Questions:
Dual Enrollment GPA

  • Does Dual Enrollment Affect Your High School GPA?
    Dual Enrollment can affect your high school GPA positively or negatively. As a Dual Enrollment student, any college class you take will be transferred to your high school and reflected on your high school transcript. Since Dual Enrollment classes are weighted on a 5.0 GPA scale, this can boost your high school GPA because A's can transfer as A+, B grades can transfer as A's, and C grades can transfer as B's. If you don't do well in your college courses, this can also decrease your GPA.
  • Does Dual Enrollment Classes Affect Your College GPA?
    Yes. Dual Enrollment classes are technically considered college classes so it would affect your college GPA. Especially if you take a Dual Enrollment class at a college, it would appear on your college transcript and be applied to your college GPA. A Dual Enrollment class is weighted on a 4.0 GPA scale in college and a 5.0 GPA scale in high school.
  • Are Dual Enrollment Classes Weighted the Same as Pre-AP Classes?
    Pre-AP courses are not weighted on the same scale as Dual Enrollment. On a page for Pre-AP it states that they are not honors or college level classes, which means they are weighted on a 4.0 scale. "Pre-AP is not an honors program—it’s grade-level instruction that meets students where they are."
  • Will Dual Enrollment Classes Count as a Semester Grade?
    Dual Enrollment classes that you took at a college for 16 or so weeks will count as a semester class. That is similar to a high school class that you only take for half of the school year.
  • How Do You Know Which Colleges Dual Enrollment Credits Will Transfer To?
    All colleges will accept your transfer credit. The real question is if the college credit you are transferring will apply to your new program or major. In our experience, even if the college credit does not directly apply to the classes needed for your major, they will at least count as electives. To explain this a little bit more. Let's say you earned 60 college credits while you were in high school and received an Associate of Science degree. You transfer to a 4 year college and your major is Computer Science. During your time in Dual Enrollment you mostly completed core classes like math, science, humanities, and english. During your time at your 4 year college your Computer Science major is made up of programming and engineering classes since you completed all the core courses. If any college credit does not transfer directly to your core classes or technical classes, the college can count them as electives which are classes taken based on the interests of the student.
  • How Many Dual Enrollment Credits Transfer to Your High School Transcript?
    Every college class that you take while enrolled in high school will transfer on your high school transcript.
  • Can You Pass a Dual Enrollment Class With a Grade Below 70?
    It depends on your college. Some colleges allow students to pass with a D.
  • What Happens If You Fail a Dual Enrollment Class?
    Unfortunately, if you fail that class it will reflect negatively on your high school and college transcript. You may even have to pay out of pocket. Every college class you take while you are a high school student applied to your high school transcript. In addition to a drop in your high school and college GPA, you will receive a negative tally on your high school and college transcript. Some Dual Enrollment programs even ask students to pay for the failed college class.
  • How Many College Credits Toward a Highschool Diploma Can I Receive for Taking 1 Dual Enrollment Course?
    About 1 credit. Each Dual Enrollment class that is worth 3 credits in college is equal to 1 credit in high school.
  • Does Every US State Offer a Dual Enrollment Program to Students?
    Yes, Dual Enrollment is recognized in every state, district, and territory of the United States. Even if your school or nearby colleges do not promote the Dual Enrollment program, you can still take college classes in high school.
  • Can I Take Dual Enrollment Classes if I Live Outside of the United States?
    Absolutely! Dual Enrollment is not exclusive to the United States, it is recognized around the world. You may find that the name is different, but students still have the ability to dual enroll. For example, students can take Dual Enrollment classes in The Bahamas, Dominican Republic, Guam, India, Morocco, Vietnam, Saudi Arabia, etc. You can search your country or contact us to find Dual Enrollment near you.
  • How Do I Apply to a Dual Enrollment Program?
    Watch this in-depth video for the exact steps you should follow with your high school and Dual Enrollment college.
bottom of page